DJ's Photo album

Wednesday 25 April 2007

ANZAC DAY Message

Okay,
I am taking the bull by the horns and will try this, my first ever post. Hmmmm? What to write about. Well, today is ANZAC day in Australia & New Zealand. A very special day for us and one especially for my family. My darling husband is in the RAN and has served in a few Tours overseas to keep our country safe. Here's a photograph of Pablo in his winter uniform. Don't ask what the medals all represent - he could tell you at a glance but they are lost on me. They do, however, earn him free schooners of lager at the local Returned Servicemens Club as others ask him to tell his stories.
Whew! This wasn't so hard... Now that I am over my initial fright I want to share some of my paitings with you... You might be sorry that I have shaken off my fear of blogging LOLOL...
DJ's POPPIES
Here's my latest creation... Not my design but certainly my interpretation of this amazing artists' (Lorraine Dick - Thuril NSW) work. It is a 30 cm x 60 cm acrylic paintings titled simply: "Poppies". This painting now proudly lives on my bedroom wall.
Hey, this is fun!!! Just a couple more... I'm going to share / bore you with photo's of my own work. Then I'm off to find my GeeBee friends and to figure out how to add their blog links to my page.
Frangipani's painted for my 13 year old daughter Caitlin to give as a birthday gift. Her friend Tayla loved it....
Turkish Blue... Inspired by Turkish Porcelain Plate...














This is Lovie my own teddy bear design. She is painted mainly with a liner brush. She is a shaggy long hair teddy painted for the photo album of our newest family member: Charlotte Wilkins... Lovie is also painted on a Treasure Box (Cream) and on a memory box (Pink)



Thanks for visiting with me today... I'll hopefully see you next time. Love DJ


























1 comment:

Serena Lewis said...

Hi Debra Jean! Great to see you getting your blog under way. It's looking great and your artwork is beautiful! :)